Monday, June 20

Engineering

Its been a week after i finished the very last exam in Engineering. When i stepped out of the lab after giving my project Viva, the first feeling that struck my mind was i had completed one of the most (actually when i think of it, i can find no adjectives to define it) Courses. It was freedom from all the bullshit i had seen for 4 years. It was a feeling of satisfaction, joy, ecstasy, a feeling almost orgasmic!
Not to forget the fact that, i now could add two important letters in front of my name...
"ANANTHRAM N S B.E., "

But what made engineering a course that everyone who took it, desperately wanted to get out???
When i Finished my P.U.C, i had no other option but to take up Engineering, and was pretty excited about entering a professional course. But, may be due to the college i choose or the university under which I studied or the course itself, there was nothing professional about it from the first day to the last!!
V.T.U is one THE MOST hated universities among engineers. Its the way they run the administration, or the Examination papers they set or the evaluation, There is always a blunder waiting to happen. (Not to forget the revaluation). And finally the student suffers in each and every instance.
Not to take away anything from our great college (S.C.E), its the most fucked up institution. I've seen students from other colleges say the same about their college, Every college is bad in the eyes of students, but our college just personifies the experience.
I can present a research paper on how screwed up a college can get using this college as an example.

But as people say, we can take out positives from every failure. These four years has made me stronger mentally. I can face a shock of any magnitude calmly. It has made me smarter, by making me think of smarter ways to deceive the evaluator while answering. It mas made me realize my potential. and obviously, the Sane friends and the insane memories attached is always a positive..

P.S: There is a common joke among the Engineers.
Engineering in VTU is like a public toilet. People outside are desperate to get in where as the people inside are dying to come out.. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

shoot outs